Residents may drop off up to 15 gallons, or 125 pounds of household hazardous waste. Liquid volume will be based on the size of the container, not the amount present in the container.
Customers are required to arrive with clean and dry hazardous waste materials that are presorted prior to arrival, to wear face coverings and abide by the facility’s rules to maintain social distancing. Sanitizers are available for customer use. Presorting of materials will assist in the efficient placement of materials into bins or carts.
Customers may drop off hazardous materials Monday thru Saturday from 8 am until noon and from 1 pm until 3 pm. If you are a business please click here.
- California Health & Safety Code requires that reisdents transport no more than 15 gallons, or 125 pounds, of household hazardous waste;
- Do not transport material in plastic bags or garbage cans. If a product is leaking please bag that individual product. for more info see here
- Be aware of what your transporting. Take a moment and read the labels on your waste and ensure that all warnings and cautions are adhered to
- Please do not mix products. Mixing can cause dangerous and possibly violent chemical reactions. Latex Paint is the exception to this rule.
- Leave materials in their original container, when possible. Only place in another container when the original container is unsafe to transport due to degradation
- When you arrive please turn off and stay in your vehicle. HWMA staff will take care of everything else. If you are needed to answer questions, staff will approach you.
Pharmaceuticals, whether prescription or over the counter will no longer be accepted at any of HWMA's facilities. There are several convenient locations throughout the County where they can be dropped off at no charge. Please see our Sharps and Medications Disposal flyer here for more info.
- Radioactive Waste
- Biological Waste
- Medical Waste